Responsible for medical care and treatment of adult mentally ill patients.
EDUCATION REQUIRED: Current Mississippi nursing license required. Must have a current driver's license and proof of automobile insurance.
WORK SCHEDULE: PRN
Apply in person at South Mississippi State Hospital, 823 Highway 589, Purvis, Mississippi. NO online applications are being accepted for this position.
B Shift: 3:00 p.m. until 11:30 p.m. ~~ C Shift: 11:00 p.m. until 7:30 a.m.
Job descriptions are provided by Mississippi's State Personnel Board.
How to Apply
- Applications are accepted in the lobby at 823 Highway 589, Purvis, Mississippi, Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. only for those positions where "Apply in Person" is indicated.
- A Department of Mental Health medical staff application is available here.
- Unless otherwise indicated, you must apply online at www.mspb.ms.gov. If you do not have computer access, you may pick up an employment application in our lobby and mail it to the Mississippi State Personnel Board.
- 18 Paid Personal Leave Days (annually, starting)
- 10 Paid Holidays (annually, starting)
- 12 Major Medical Days (annually)
- State Health Insurance (Know Your Benefits)
- State Retirement Package (PERS)
- Semi-monthly pay with Direct Deposit
You may download a copy of the State Employee's Handbook (requires Adobe Reader) published by the Mississippi State Personnel Board.
Equal Opportunity Employer
South Mississippi State Hospital is an equal opportunity employer for all individuals regardless of race, color, creed, gender, religion, national origin, age, physical handicap, disability or political affiliation. It is the policy of the Department of Mental Health and each program to recruit, employ and promote qualified employees without regard to race, color, creed, gender, religion, national origin, age, physical handicap, disability or political affiliation. The Mississippi Department of Mental Health complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, which provides a clear mandate for the elimination of discrimination against individuals with disabilities.
South Mississippi State Hospital may offer internships in Social Services, Psychology, Recreation/Music Therapy, and/or Public Relations. For more information, please call 601-794-0100 and ask for the department director.
Thank you for your interest in South Mississippi State Hospital.