|REGISTERED NURSE -- (FULL-TIME)
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for providing quality care and treatment to the adult psychiatric patients in an acute-care setting. Implement the nursing process in an organized, systematic manner to include assessment planning, intervention and evaluation. Actively participates in treatment planning.
EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION REQUIRED: Current Mississippi RN nursing license required.
C Shift; includes weekends and holidays (see shift times below). RECRUITMENT ENDS APRIL 3, 2019, (CLICK HERE)
A Shift; includes weekends and holidays (see shift times below). RECRUITMENT ENDS APRIL 5, 2019. (CLICK HERE)
Applications are being accepted at www.mspb.ms.gov by clicking on the Job Seekers tab OR by clicking the links above. Please see recruitment ending dates for each position above. RN applicants may also apply in person at 823 Highway 589, Purvis, Mississippi.
|ACTIVE TREATMENT TECHNICIAN (ATT) TRAINEE -- (FULL-TIME)
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for working with adult psychiatric patients in an acute care setting. Documents patient activity, provides full-body care for patients if needed, takes vital signs, and observes/assists with recreation therapy.
EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION REQUIRED: Must have 30 hours of college -- NO exceptions.
WORK SCHEDULE: B or C Shift; Includes weekends and holidays (see shift times below).
Applications are being accepted at South Mississippi State Hospital, 823 Highway 589, Purvis, Mississippi. Online applications are not currently being accepted.
ALL SMSH EMPLOYEES ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE A CURRENT DRIVER'S LICENSE AND PROOF OF AUTOMOBILE INSURANCE.
SHIFTS: A Shift: 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. ~~ B Shift: 3:00 p.m. until 11:30 p.m. ~~ C Shift: 11:00 p.m. until 7:30 a.m.; most all administrative and support positions are 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Job descriptions are provided by Mississippi's State Personnel Board.
How to Apply
- Applications are accepted in the lobby at 823 Highway 589, Purvis, Mississippi, Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- To download and print an application, click here.
- A Department of Mental Health medical staff application is available here. (Physicians and Nurse Practitioners only)
- Unless otherwise indicated, you must apply online at www.mspb.ms.gov. If you do not have computer access, you may pick up an employment application in our lobby and mail it to the Mississippi State Personnel Board.
- 18 Paid Personal Leave Days (annually, starting)
- 10 Paid Holidays (annually, starting)
- 12 Major Medical Days (annually)
- State Health Insurance (Know Your Benefits)
- State Retirement Package (PERS)
- Semi-monthly pay with Direct Deposit
You may download a copy of the State Employee Handbook (requires Adobe Reader) published by the Mississippi State Personnel Board.
Equal Opportunity Employer
South Mississippi State Hospital is an equal opportunity employer for all individuals regardless of race, color, creed, gender, religion, national origin, age, physical handicap, disability or political affiliation. It is the policy of the Department of Mental Health and each program to recruit, employ and promote qualified employees without regard to race, color, creed, gender, religion, national origin, age, physical handicap, disability or political affiliation. The Mississippi Department of Mental Health complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, which provides a clear mandate for the elimination of discrimination against individuals with disabilities.
South Mississippi State Hospital may offer internships in Social Services, Psychology, Recreation/Music Therapy, and/or Public Relations. For more information, please call 601-794-0100 and ask for the department director.
Thank you for your interest in South Mississippi State Hospital.